VI Core Values:
- RESPECTFUL: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- CREATIVE: We use original ideas to solve problems.
- HONORABLE: We always take the high road and are willing to meet others more than halfway.
- DEPENDABLE: Good teammates are trustworthy and reliable.
- SMART: The best marketing comes from quick and analytical minds.
- DRIVEN: Success isn’t accidental. We must strive for it daily.
- The Art Director leads creative teams through concept development and the production of commercial advertising, marketing and collateral. This includes a broad range of media platforms, including television, print, digital and social. Additionally, the AD must possess strong project management skills in order to rapidly coordinate resources and create unique, smart, successful campaigns.
- Art directors meet with clients and internal personnel to discuss and establish project objectives, research current trends and understand the target demo through psychographics and other research frameworks.
- The AD works with a team to design and troubleshoot the visual aspects of a marketing campaign, from the initial planning stages until the finished product is presented to the client.
- Art directors must possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as exceptional project and time management skills. They should be punctual, perceptive, and detail-oriented with a great mind for developing and realizing the vision of a campaign.
Essential Duties, Skills and Responsibilities:
- Complete proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Grasp of the latest industry and cultural trends
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Extraordinary motivation and accountability
- Time, project and budgetary management skills
- Exceptional presentation and leadership skills
- Troubleshooting abilities for design, staff or process problems
- A strong sense of color and design aesthetics
- The ability to handle the sometimes delicate, creative temperament
- A strong but non-aggressive leadership style
- An understanding of our clients’ needs, ensuring that all aspects of our work align with their business objectives
- The ability to coordinate agency resources to create smart, cohesive and effective work
- Proficiency in hiring, training and supervising design staff
- A strong drive for personal and organizational improvement
- Last but definitely not least: This position requires finesse, stress management, organizational skills, including the ability to COLLABORATE and CREATE.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, marketing, or related field
- Experience in graphic design with a supporting portfolio. Additional education or industry-specific knowledge may be required
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Very high level of accountability, including self-motivation and inspiring leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management, project management, presentation, leadership, and communication skills
- Extraordinary creativity with the ability to delegate responsibilities
- Willingness to accept critical and constructive feedback with a willingness to adapt and improve
- Willingness to travel and be held accountable for meeting all tasks, deadlines or responsibilities
VI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.