Copywriter — Remote
Where did all the visionaries go? The tastemakers, trendsetters, wild-eyed revolutionaries? For security purposes, we're swearing you to secrecy. Because the truth is, we've snatched them all up. We house them in a vast creative laboratory known as VI Marketing and Branding. It features craft keg Thursdays, summer-hour Fridays, competitive insurance, and guys in suits that manage your retirement. Do we draw on the walls? Of course we do. We're a self-respecting agency. Our ideas are damn good.
Enough about us, what about you? We'll venture an educated guess: You’ve toiled in obscurity, and you’re ready for primetime. You need a platform to showcase your wordsmithing genius. You want a chance to work on multi-million-dollar accounts.
Most importantly, you write like a banshee loosed from hell. Blogs, social media, cartoons, movies, books, essays, articles. You write because words are your oxygen. You write because your sanity depends on elegant syntax. You once wrote a haiku within a limerick within a ballad. And the whole thing was an allegory on the riddles of human existence. Whoa, dude. That was deep.
Ready for a next-level opportunity? We have three conditions: you must be utterly fearless, insanely driven and sublimely talented. If you can check those boxes, let's talk.
- Strong portfolio of creative work.
- Agency experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Travel or tourism experience is a plus.
- Remote applicants are encouraged to apply.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing creative ideas and concepts.
- Writing clear, original copy.
- Researching products, companies and topics to discover unique insights.
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar.
- Revising or redeveloping work in response to constructive feedback.
- Working on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure.
- Other duties may be assigned.
PERSONAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS:
- A positive attitude.
- Respect for fellow team members.
- Accurate spelling and grammar.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Logic, creativity and imagination.
- Ability to learn/understand new concepts easily.
- Ability and willingness to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivation, flexibility, stamina and the ability to adapt.
- Accuracy and attention detail to. (sic)
- The resilience to accept criticism of your work.
- Excellent research skills.