Director of Business Development
Reports to: CEO
VI Core Values:
- RESPECTFUL: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- CREATIVE: We use original ideas to solve problems.
- INTEGRITY: We always take the high road and are willing to meet others more than halfway.
- DEPENDABILITY: Good teammates are trustworthy and reliable.
- SMART: The best marketing comes from quick and analytical minds.
- DRIVEN: Success isn’t accidental. We must strive for it daily.
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
- The Director of Business Development will develop and maintain an updated plan for the acquisition of new clients, whether agency of record or project clients, that supports the overall strategy of the agency.
- The Director of Business Development will be ultimately responsible for the planning, execution, and reporting of an inbound and outbound sales strategy for VI. They will work with marketing to ensure that marketing activities align with new business objectives.
- The Director of Business Development will work closely with the CEO on direct sales efforts, relationship building, and personal branding, along with general agency and brand
- This role will focus on generating new business leads and will lead the process of proposal writing, RFP responses, new business pitches, meetings, and phone calls.
- The Director of Business Development will ensure that the agency continues to develop materials necessary for client acquisition including case studies, white papers, sales sheets, sales decks, RFP books, demo reels,
- The Director of Business Development will develop and maintain a list of prospects that fit the objectives of the new business plan.
- The Director of Business Development is responsible for timely reporting of new business results to the Leadership
The role also includes:
- Representing VI at industry and community events, Chamber meetings, as it pertains to networking and new business activities.
- Qualifying and disqualifying leads via phone, email, etc.
- Working with marketing to make sure the VI website supports new business activities and objectives.
- Knowledge of marketing trends and technologies necessary for modern marketing efforts.
- Some travel could be required.
- Base salary plus generous incentives.
Education, Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years experience in sales, marketing or a communications-related field.
- Must have strong business writing and communication skills
- Must have strong organizational and quantitative/analytical skills
- Must have an outgoing personality that is inviting and approachable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PPT
- Experience with Google Analytics, WordPress, HubSpot