The DP/Editor is a utility player in the Motion Department, going wherever the workload demands. He/she is able to think on his/her feet and solve problems large and small while maintaining a stellar attitude. From creating social media content as a one-man-band to participating as a crew member in large scale commercial shots.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Acts as Director of Photography on a variety of shoots
- Acts as an editor on a variety of projects
- Acts as an animator on a variety of projects
- On larger shoots, folds in at whatever function is needed
- Is a turnkey, end-to-end content creator for all social media/digital platform
- Is able to function independently
- Acts as a photographer on a variety of assignments
- Assists the Editor by logging and labeling footage
- Assists the Motion Graphics Designer by handling smaller animation tasks, and setting up projects when needed
- Meets deadlines while maintaining a high creative standard
- Provides accurate estimates for projects
- Helps generate solutions for video-related problems, large and small
PERSONAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS:
- Set priorities and manage work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate completion of tasks.
- Maintain cordial and effective relationship with co-workers, management, customers and others.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years experience in an agency, production house, or other content production environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, with a focus on Premiere, After Effects, Audition, and Photoshop
- Ability to lift more than 50lbs
- Proficiency with a variety of DSLR and Cinema cameras, both as a photographer and cinematographer
Apply: Please apply below. Include cover letter. Please provide us with links to samples of your work that clearly highlight your competency as a DP, editor, or animator.