Title: HR Manager
Reports to: President
Approved by: Jacquelyn Berney
Approval Date: April 28, 2022
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
- RESPECTFUL: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- CREATIVE: We use original ideas to solve problems.
- INTEGRITY: We always take the high road and are willing to meet others more than halfway.
- DEPENDABILITY: Good teammates are trustworthy and reliable.
- SMART: The best marketing comes from quick and analytical minds.
- DRIVEN: Success isn’t accidental. We must strive for it daily.
The Human Resources Manager fills an essential role in our agency, requiring a talented individual to balance many needs in the organization. This role reports to the President and frequently works with Leadership on the employee-side of the organization. The Human Resources Manager is involved in recruiting, employee retention and talent development at VI. They also work with the Controller on payroll and manage our benefits and legal / compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Human Resources Management – mediates employee issues and crisis management, handles performance improvement plans and nurtures a positive work environment that aligns with VI’s core values.
- Payroll – Information gathering and updating system
- Intern Program Management
- Employee PTO approval
- Management of employee job descriptions and company organizational chart
- Management of Personnel Records
- VI Policies – dissemination and record-keeping
- Employee Development Plans – training supervisors on guidelines, accountability for timing and completion
- Out-of-State Remote Employee Management – benefits and tax compliance
- Talent Development
- Part-Time Employee Contract Management
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or another HR Executive
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to identify the need for and implement leadership training
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 7+ years’ experience working with a company with 50+ employees
VI Marketing and Branding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.