The Marketing Strategist is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The Marketing Strategist interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with the creative director concerning creative issues and input, the media director concerning media issues, the public relations director concerning publicity and newsmaking, the director of interactive marketing concerning interactive projects and online media, and the production manager concerning scheduling and timing.
Marketing Strategists have major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the Marketing Strategist is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
Marketing Strategists are also responsible for gaining new business from existing clients. Marketing Strategists are not salespeople. They are service personnel. Marketing Strategists will not be asked to cold canvas for new business. This takes valuable time from servicing their present accounts.
- Meets regularly with production manager/creative director/traffic manager/media/public relations/interactive staff to coordinate agency efforts on behalf of assigned clients/accounts.
- Receives client briefings. Fills out Client Contact Reports for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing/media/public relations planning.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, faxes and emails.
- Coordinates with media on interactive opportunities to ensure traditional/interactive synthesis of marketing efforts.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- 4-6 years job experience (not internships)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred (Advertising, Marketing or Public Relations)
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Apply: Please apply below. Include cover letter. Only qualified candidates should apply.
VI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.