- Do the right thing even when no one is looking.
- DNA that’s built on dependability.
- Deliver the most creative solutions.
- Insatiably curious and keenly intuitive.
- Possess a drive that’s always in overdrive.
- Do unto others.
THE PUBLIC RELATIONS STRATEGIST plans and directs public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for clients and/or the agency. S/he is responsible for interpreting the client’s strategic marketing plan and integrate it through public relations and publicity efforts, through issuing press releases, holding press conferences, and placing feature stories, technical articles, or position papers, among other methods.
Public Relations Strategists have major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients based on industry, market and medium trends. This position excels at collaborating with other departments to create a cohesive plan utilizing agency resources to benefit the client. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the public relations strategist is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
The public relations strategist may have freelance writers working to fulfill publicity needs, and will be responsible for managing their projects. The public relations will write and have responsibility for placement as well.
The public relations strategist is responsible for maintaining relationships with various news outlet editors and journalists, influential bloggers and client industry web publishers to facilitate advantageous placement of articles and releases in the name of the agency’s clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- “Tells the organization’s story” using all appropriate media and communication channels.
- Generates and promotes ideas aimed at gaining support for client goals and policies from its target audiences.
- Serves as an advocate for client businesses; builds and maintains positive relationships with the public.
- Handles organizational functions such as media, community, consumer, stakeholder and governmental relations; interest-group representation; employee relations for designated accounts and/or the agency.
- Understands the attitudes and concerns of consumers, employees, and various other groups; keeps management aware of public attitudes and concerns of all groups and organizations with which the client must deal.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with representatives of the community, consumer, employee, and public interest groups and with representatives from print, broadcast and web journalism.
- Informs the general public, interest groups, and stockholders of an organization's policies, activities, and accomplishments.
- Directs the creation and implementation of public relations campaigns, programs and publicity activities for the agency and its clients.
- Writes/directs the writing of all publicity stories.
- Meets weekly with content team and marketing strategy team to coordinate media and publicity placement for maximum client benefit.
- Determines when and where all PR releases will be sent for placement.
- Maintains current computer skills related to public relations department daily functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of experience within a marketing environment.
- Experience within a client service or agency environment is preferred but not required.
Reports to: VP, Strategic Marketing
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Apply: Please apply below. Include cover letter. Only qualified candidates should apply.
VI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.