Senior Marketing Strategist
Reports to: Group Account Director
VI Core Values:
- RESPECTFUL: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- CREATIVE: We use original ideas to solve problems.
- INTEGRITY: We always take the high road and are willing to meet others more than halfway.
- DEPENDABILITY: Good teammates are trustworthy and reliable.
- SMART: The best marketing comes from quick and analytical minds.
- DRIVEN: Success isn’t accidental. We must strive for it daily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Senior Marketing Strategist is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts, typically managing large clients or a group of mid-to-large clients. Senior Marketing Strategists contribute greatly to the team environment at VI and are a large part of the growth of a team.
Senior Marketing Strategists develop strategic marketing plans for their clients based on industry, market and medium trends. This position excels at collaborating with other departments to create a cohesive plan utilizing agency resources to benefit the client. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the Senior Marketing Strategist is responsible for assigning tasks among team members and ensuring the plan is carried out.
Senior Marketing Strategists oversee Marketing Coordinators and Marketing Strategists and coach them to develop the skills necessary to advance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Client service
- Leads a team of strategists to ensure strategic plans are on point and delivered on appropriately.
- Oversees integrated marketing campaign budgets, tracking and reporting on budgets with assigned clients.
- Works with team members on development plans.
- Supports agency development by participating in new business proposals and generating client growth.
- Meets regularly with internal teams to coordinate agency efforts on behalf of assigned clients/accounts and/or to address any product or client issues.
- Receives client briefings. Analyzes feedback and passes relevant information and insights to the agency team.
- Effectively presents and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments. Researches industry trends and notable events, analyzing potential impact on clients’ brand position, work and opportunities.
- Maintains a positive reputation of the agency with the client through proactive service, strategy recommendations and conflict resolution.
- Marketing Strategy
- Leads strategic marketing planning for clients based on knowledge and experience of client’s goals, objectives and budgets.
- Presents plans to clients in an approachable, expert manner.
- Recommends tactics to clients based on market and industry trends.
- Grows the client portfolio within the agency based on thoughtful and strategic recommendations.
- Keeps Group Account Director updated on all client activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five to eight years of experience within a marketing environment.
- Experience within a client service or agency environment preferred.
Required Skills and Certifications:
- Digital certifications are beneficial.
- Desire to learn from experienced team members.
- Desire and ability to lead and develop young agency talent.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other agency departments to meet common goals.
- Strong time management skills needed to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and follow-through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- The discernment to decipher between a sense of urgency and an important issue.
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to work with wide variety of personalities.
- Ability to positively lead and influence those in a reporting relationship while assisting and managing their growth within the agency.
- Great presentation, analytical and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solution-focused mindset with ability to creatively and effectively solve problems.