VI Core Values:
- RESPECTFUL: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- CREATIVE: We use original ideas to solve problems.
- HONORABLE: We always take the high road and are willing to meet others more than halfway.
- DEPENDABLE: Good teammates are trustworthy and reliable.
- SMART: The best marketing comes from quick and analytical minds.
- DRIVEN: Success isn’t accidental. We must strive for it daily.
- The Senior Producer exists to ensure that VI’s film production efforts are successful, organized, profitable, and of the highest quality.
- The Sr. Producer is highly-organized, and able to keep a foot in both the creative and practical realms. The Senior Producer has never met a spreadsheet they didn’t like, and has a real, tangible passion for ensuring everyone has what they need to thrive. They are connected with the best film production professionals in the OKC/Tulsa/Dallas region.
- The Senior Producer will hold onto the feet of the creative folks who have their heads in the clouds, grounding the whole production and making sure that those ooey-gooey creative visions actually become realized. They are able to ingest a brief and a few scripts and hit the ground running; an excellent communicator who checks, checks again, and then checks one more time. Budgets are thoughtful, with a sound approach; suggestions are well-measured.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes budgets, manages finances, monitors film production jobs for signs of overage
- Hires outside vendors and crew for all VI film productions
- Owns the hired talent/casting process; contracts with and manages actors, castings agents, and talent agencies
- Owns location scouting for all VI film productions. Builds and maintains a catalogue of locations and manages key relationships in that space
- Maintains a catalog of freelance resources. Manages relationships in that space, and makes recommendations to the Creative Director as needed
- Serves as resource manager for the motion department as needed, interfacing with Project Management and Account Service in order to keep all video jobs on time and on budget
- Generates and appropriately archives all paperwork regard to film production at VI
- Generates a wrap book at the end of each shoot.
- Coordinates with Accounting in order to ensure timely payment of all film production vendors
- Owns the preproduction process for all VI film shoots.
- Makes and distributes a detailed call sheet before all film shoots.
- Coordinates with outside equipment vendors to ensure that all equipment is secured, as needed, for VI film productions
- Communicates the plans for VI film productions, as well as the schedule and roles/responsibilities breakdown to the production team and management.
- Attends brainstorms as needed
- Helps VI pitch new business as needed
- Provides training across VI as deemed necessary by the Creative Director
- Optimizes task lists within the Motion Department in order to maximize employee utilization across the department
Education, Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in video production, mass communications, marketing, journalism or other relevant fields
- A minimum of 5 years of working as a film producer; previous agency experience is a plus
- A solid understanding of video production pipeline, from preproduction to postproduction
- Brilliant interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in managing people, projects and resources
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and implement on the fly
- Strong leadership skills
- A self-starting attitude and an open outlook
- Resilience under pressure and tight deadlines
- Can operate camera and lighting equipment as needed, and is willing to fill in when necessary on smaller shoots
- Possesses a thorough understanding of post-production workflows and software, and is willing to fill in when necessary
VI Marketing and Branding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.